SCHOOL❤ – Place with millions of memories

                           
My hooded eyes fluttered up from my notebook when my name was called.
Answer please MR.
Are you daydreaming
Go wash your face
My eyes flinched
When the teacher shouted
IS THIS A FISH MARKET?
And my eyes went into dismal
When she walked out of the class
Hands in air
Giving up on us
I chuckled
My eyes in the morning , seven a.m
Will still search for the seat
Where I completed last minute assignments
And laughed with my friends
And okay where I fell asleep in the middle of the sst class.

My eyes will still search for the people who brightened my day up
In the monotonous air that surrounded my education sector.

And my eyes will still search the free building
Which was home
Home packed with alot of people
But still warm and inviting
My eyes will still water up
For not scoring in a test
For which I worked my ass off for
And my eyes will throw up salt water
When I'll graduate a mile high
Biding adieu to my comfort zone
Which I hated
But now I feel I'll miss the most.
It's not a horrid place.
It's just school
Which kind of made me who I am
I mean the teachers.



"Yaar OD de de" " Sorry can't " "Yaar tu organiser ke naam pe dhaba Hain" "Ugh canteen ke side chalte Hain , vahan aaram se bunk marenge"
May I come in ma'am ?
Why are you late ?
No keep on standing there .
*Five minutes*
Come in and sit down.
Be on time from now on.

Ma'am sorry I forgot my assignment
Zero for you child
Okay fine , if you don't give it by tomorrow
Then a big zero.

Being forgiven will be missed
Being scolded will be missed
To the educator who scolded me
To the educator who pardoned my clumsiness
To the educator who gave her best to teach us the letter A
You taught me to weave the letters into words
Those words were arranged into sentences
And now I use that teaching to write my thoughts out
Thank you.
To the educator whom we troubled alot
But still selflessly she kept on teaching all along
Exhausted but never gave up on us.
A fish market , a train station , with noise unbearable.
She tapped the duster on the table
We went silent for the next five minutes
The market was closed for now .

To notebooks and the papers you checked day and night
For graciously giving us marks
Even though we fussed about it with a grim mood.
The paper with her good
Was a mood for some.

Leaving so soon ?
I'm leaving my comfort zone of 14
And the emptiness grows
Each day nears to an end
When I'll be writing "All the best " with a pen .
Hugs and tears will be known soon
When we retreat from those gates
To an unknown well
With a heavy heart I say ciao(see you later)


The feeling is empty yet wholesome
Scared to the top
Clammy hands
And a racing mind
The pen dances on the exam sheet for the last time
You'll be free from the shackles of school
Will I ever be ?
The stage side remains empty
Which was full one day
With teary eyed teenagers
Sorry partial adults
Writing away their goodbye messages
Remember me , don't forget me whispers
And warm November hugs
The ground is empty
Which was filled with students
Stealing grey blazers
For the last photograph
The corridor on the third floor
Is haunted by silence
Because the departed souls
Have moved to yet another chapter of life.

The teachers with a silent monotony
Saying - last chapter of your book
You'll be free now ? Maybe ?
The backside of the notebook filled with the running notes and lyrics of songs I don't remember.
But class room teaching - you'll be missed .
Your fish market has left .
And your duster will remain silent for a while . I observe the silence and the stillness of the corridor
Recollecting all the memories that I made in these 16 years
Trying to register them in my long term memory.

I shout - soda lemon ginger pop
Paulines on the top?

And with a smile and a heavy heart
I get over the fact
That I am leaving my comfort zone
Because every good thing comes to an end eventually.
©Bhavya🌺,School😭

3 comments

  1. This is really so close to heart 💓 very well done💓, its excellent⭐

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those days were really close to my heart thank you for reminding some of the incident.

    ReplyDelete