Death Count


 I don't know what hit me

at 3 a.m. last night,
but I think this
hour has been cursed with
bringing in strange thoughts.

I opened up the calculator
on my phone and
hurriedly multiplied
80 with 365.

The result was = 29,200.

And I immediately
spoke up, "Damn, just 29,200 days
is how much we live".

And I am definitely being
too optimistic when I am
multiplying that with 80,
it should have rather been
70, maybe even less.

I have already spent like
6,935 days, and
my parents 16,425.
Like how much are they or even
I am left with ?

If I start from today
and write even one
piece everyday,
it would just be 22,265
of them,
and that's for sure
too optimistic again.

I have just those many days,
to love my love
in different ways,
and even less to
express all my gratitude
to my parents
for the life they have given me.

Almost 9,490 days
we spend
studying and preparing
ourselves for,
those mere 19,710 days
left of our lives.

I don't know
whether it disturbs
you all equally,
but it definitely lessened
one night's sleep of mine
out of
22,265 that were left.
©Bhavya🌺,Death count

7 comments

  1. Woahhh!! That was amazinggg❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️❤️ you are just amazing great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing bro...
    You had put me in a deep thought too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww!!!! 🔥😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, this is amazing, never thought this way, keep writing 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete